Egg drop chicken noodle soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , diced
- 1.2l low-salt chicken stock
- 140g wholewheat noodle
- 140g baby corn , halved lengthways, or frozen sweetcorn
- 2 eggs , beaten
- squeeze lemon juice
- ½ tsp sherry vinegar
- 2 spring onions , finely chopped
- STEP 1
Place the chicken and stock in a large pan and bring to a simmer for 5 mins. Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions.
- STEP 2
Add the corn to the stock and cook for 2 mins. Stir the broth vigorously, then while it’s still swirling, hold a fork over the pan. Pour the eggs over the prongs in a slow stream. Stir again in the same direction then turn off the heat. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and the vinegar.
- STEP 3
Drain the noodles and divide between four bowls. Ladle over the egg drop broth, scatter with onions and serve.