Easy noodle soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 500ml low salt vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
- small piece fresh root ginger , grated
- 1 garlic clove , grated
- 2 tsp soy sauce and 2 tsp sugar
- 85g leftover cooked chicken , shredded
- handful mixed vegetables (try beansprouts, sweetcorn, sliced carrot and mangetout)
- 150g pack straight-to-wok noodles (or use 85g/3oz dried, cooked according to pack instructions)
- 2 spring onions , sliced, to serve
- juice 1 lime
- STEP 1
Put stock, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sugar in a saucepan, then heat. Simmer for 5 mins. Take off the heat, pour into a microwave-safe bowl, then cool. Throw in chicken and veg, cover, then chill for up to a day.
- STEP 2
When ready to eat, remove from fridge, then add the cooked noodles. Microwave on High for 2 mins, stir, then cook for 1 min more or until piping hot. Divide between two bowls or mugs, sprinkle with spring onions and add the lime juice.