Easy chicken pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 onion, sliced
- 400g pack skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150ml chicken stock
- 325g can sweetcorn, drained
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- handful parsley or basil leaves, chopped
- 750g potatoes, cut into chunks
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Heat the oil in a large saucepan then add the onion and chicken. Fry for 5-10 mins until the onion is soft and the chicken is golden. Pour over the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked. Stir in the corn, then 3 tbsp crème fraîche and the herbs.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, boil potatoes until soft. Drain and mash with remaining crème fraîche. Spoon the chicken mix into 4 pie dishes and top with mash. Place on a baking tray, then bake until potato is golden.