- Preparation and cooking time
- plus 4 hrs chilling
- Serves 12
- 2l cherry juice
- peel from 3 oranges , pared with a vegetable peeler
- 1 thumb-sized red chilli , pierced a few times but left whole
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cloves
- 6 slices ginger
- Dracula's fangs sweets (available from sweet shops), to serve, optional
For an alcoholic punch (optional)
- 200ml vodka , or 25ml per glass
- STEP 1
Tip the cherry juice, orange peel, chilli, cinnamon sticks, cloves and ginger into a large saucepan. Simmer for 5 mins, then turn off the heat. Leave to cool, then chill for at least 4 hrs, or up to 2 days – the longer you leave it the more intense the flavours. If serving to young children, take the chilli out after a few hours.
- STEP 2
When you’re ready to serve, pour the juice into a jug. Serve in glass bottles or glasses and pop a straw in each. If you're adding vodka, do so at this stage. Dangle a fangs sweet from each glass.