Creamy yogurt porridge with apricot, ginger & grapefruit topping
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 3 portions
For the topping
- 300g can apricot in fruit juice
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 pink grapefruits , segmented, any juice reserved
For the porridge
- 9 tbsp (75g) porridge oat
- 550g pot 0% fat probiotic plain yogurt
- STEP 1
For the topping: Tip the apricots and juice into a bowl, add ginger. Blitz half the mixture to a purée with a hand blender. Stir in the grapefruit and juice. Can be made ahead and chilled for up to 1 week.
- STEP 2
For the porridge: Tip 200ml water into a small non-stick pan and stir in porridge oats. Cook over a low heat until bubbling and thickened. (To make in a microwave, use a deep container to prevent spillage as the mixture will rise up as it cooks, and cook for 3 mins on High.) Stir in yogurt – or swirl in half and top with the rest. Top with the apricot mix.