Creamy linguine with prawns
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 175g linguine
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 100ml white wine
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat crème fraîche
- juice ½ lemon (or to taste)
- 2 handfuls (150g) raw peeled prawns
- small bunch chives, finely chopped
- STEP 1
Cook the pasta. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the garlic for 2 mins. Tip in the wine and bubble over a high heat for 1 min, then lower the heat and stir in the crème fraîche and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and plenty of black pepper. Simmer for 1 min to reduce a little, then add the prawns and simmer in the sauce until just pink.
- STEP 2
Drain the pasta and tip into the sauce with half the chives. Use tongs to mix everything together. Divide between 2 shallow bowls and sprinkle with the remaining chives.