Cold chicken noodle salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 leftover cooked chicken legs (from our Chinese poached chicken & rice recipe, below right)
- 400g soba noodles
- ½ tsp wasabi paste
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- juice 1 lemon
- good pinch of sugar
- 1 red chilli , finely chopped
- 6 spring onions , sliced diagonally
- large pack coriander , leaves only
- STEP 1
Shred the meat from the leftover chicken legs, and discard the skin and bones. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the noodles following pack instructions. Drain the noodles and cool in cold running water.
- STEP 2
Mix together the wasabi, soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice and sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
- STEP 3
Toss the cooled noodles with the dressing and arrange on a serving plate. Top with the chicken, chilli, spring onions and coriander. Toss everything through just before serving.