Chunky sweetcorn, haddock & potato soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 25g butter
- 1 onion , chopped
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon , chopped
- 3 medium potatoes , diced
- 1l vegetable stock
- 2 sweetcorn cobs, kernels sliced off
- 500g skinless smoked haddock , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 tbsp double cream
- small bunch parsley , chopped
- STEP 1
Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Fry the onion and bacon for 5 mins until soft. Add the potatoes to the pan and cook for a further 2 mins, then pour in the stock and simmer for 8 mins or until the potatoes are just tender.
- STEP 2
Add the corn kernels and smoked haddock. Cook for another 3 mins then add the double cream and some black pepper. Taste before you add any salt, then stir through the chopped parsley. Ladle into bowls and serve with crusty bread if you like.