- ½ quantity pizza dough (see recipe in 'goes well with', right), divided into 2 balls
- 4 cooking chorizo sausages
A coarsely textured spiced pork sausage widely used in Spanish and Mexican cooking. It is made…
- 4-6 peeled plum tomato from a can, drained
- 100g Manchego, shaved (reserve a few shavings to serve)
Manchego is a popular, rich, creamy sheep's milk cheese that comes from the La Mancha region…
- 100g firm mozzarella, cut into 2cm cubes
- ½ Romero pepper, thinly sliced
Also known as capsicums, bell peppers, sweet peppers or by their colours, for example red and…
- pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
Used in almost every cuisine across the world, spinach is an enormously popular green vegetable…
Prepare the dough following the instructions in Basic pizza dough recipe in 'goes well with', right.
Thickly slice the chorizo and pan-fry until crisp. Remove and set aside. Cook one side of the pizzas.
Crush 2-3 of the tomatoes with your hands and drain in a sieve, then spread on the cooked side of the pizzas. Top with both cheeses, the pepper and chorizo. Season and add chilli flakes if you like it hot. Grill, covered, until the cheese is melted. Finish with the spinach leaves and shavings of Manchego.