Chorizo pizza with peppers & manchego
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2 pizzas (serves 4)
Use our oven- and barbecue-friendly pizza dough recipe to create a crispy base, then top with Spanish sausage and cheese
- ½ quantity pizza dough (see recipe in 'goes well with', right), divided into 2 balls
- 4 cooking chorizo sausages
- 4-6 peeled plum tomato from a can, drained
- 100g manchego , shaved (reserve a few shavings to serve)
- 100g firm mozzarella , cut into 2cm cubes
- ½ Romero pepper , thinly sliced
- pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- STEP 1
Prepare the dough following the instructions in our basic pizza dough recipe in 'goes well with', right.
- STEP 2
Thickly slice the chorizo and pan-fry until crisp. Remove and set aside. Cook one side of the pizzas.
- STEP 3
Crush 2-3 of the tomatoes with your hands and drain in a sieve, then spread on the cooked side of the pizzas. Top with both cheeses, the pepper and chorizo. Season and add chilli flakes if you like it hot. Grill, covered, until the cheese is melted. Finish with the spinach leaves and shavings of manchego.