Chorizo & chilli pepper pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 200g penne
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 100g chorizo , skin removed and cut into chunks
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 guindilla pickled chilli peppers, sliced on an angle
- ½ small pack basil , leaves picked and roughly torn
- parmesan , grated, to serve
- STEP 1
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta, give it a good stir, then cook for 1 min less than pack instructions, about 9-10 mins.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a sauté pan over a high heat. Add the chorizo and cook for a couple of mins until the oils have been released, then add the tomatoes, a pinch of sugar and some seasoning. Bubble away for 5 mins, then drain the pasta, toss it through the sauce and stir in the peppers and basil. Serve with a generous grating of parmesan scattered over.