- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
Sunflower oil is made from pressing sunflower seeds and extracting the oil. It's usually…
- 1 onion, chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle paste (depending on how hot you like it)
- 2 x 400g cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can mixed bean, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with garlic & herbs
- 1 heaped tbsp brown sugar
- 4 eggs
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition packed with protein and a…
- small handful coriander leaves
- soured cream, to serve
- warm flour tortillas, to serve
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and cook the onion for about 5 mins until soft. Add the chipotle paste, beans, tomatoes and sugar, and simmer for about 15-20 mins until thickened. Season to taste.
Make 4 holes and crack an egg into each one. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 8-10 mins until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with a bowl of soured cream and some warm flour tortillas.