Chicken, sweet potato & pea curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp korma paste
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, each cut into 8-10 pieces
- 320g sweet potatoes , chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 tbsp red lentils
- 325ml can light coconut milk (freeze the rest for later)
- 200g frozen peas
- 220g cherry tomatoes
- 300g cooked rice or roti, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or wok, stir in the curry paste and fry for 30 seconds until it becomes fragrant. Stir in the chicken, then add the sweet potatoes and lentils and keep stirring to coat everything in the paste. Add 300ml water and the coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 mins or until the chicken and sweet potato are cooked through and the consistency of the sauce is slightly thickened.
- STEP 2
Tip in the peas, bring back to the boil and simmer for a further 2 mins, then add the tomatoes and cook for 2 mins more. Serve with steamed rice, or roti.