Chicken, potato & green bean curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 2 potatoes , cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- 500g tomato passata (or whizz up a 400g can plum tomatoes with 100ml water until smooth)
- 200g fine green beans
- 150g pot natural yogurt (use full-fat to avoid curdling)
- plain rice or naan bread , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and chicken together over a medium heat for 5 mins until the onion is soft.
- STEP 2
Add the potatoes, curry paste and passata, bring to the boil, then cover and gently simmer for 15 mins. Add the beans and a splash of water and cook for 10-15 mins more until all the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt. Serve with rice or naan.