Weaning recipe: Chicken meatballs
- Preparation and cooking time
- serves family of 4 (makes 16-20 meatballs)
- ½ celery stick , cut into small chunks
- 1 small carrot , cut into small chunks
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- a few chives , snipped
- oil , for greasing
- boiled rice
- steamed broccoli
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Blitz the celery, carrot, chicken and chives in a food processor until finely chopped. You may need to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl a few times.
- STEP 2
Shape into small meatballs. If freezing, space out on a tray and put in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag and take them out when needed. Defrost thoroughly in the fridge before cooking.
- STEP 3
To cook, put on a baking tray lined with greased foil and bake for 10 mins or until browned and cooked through.
- STEP 4
Served with boiled rice and steamed broccoli.