Cheesy leek & spinach pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 25-35 minutes
- Serves 4
- good knob of butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large leeks , total weight about 450g/1lb, thinly sliced
- 500g packets penne rigate or your favourite pasta shape
- 200ml tub crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 125g packet Danish blue cheese , roughly diced
- 8 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 225g bag baby spinach leaves
- STEP 1
Melt the butter with the oil in a large pan, tip in the leeks and splash in a little hot water. Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until no longer squeaky.
- STEP 2
While the leeks are cooking, boil the penne in salted water according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, tip the crème fraîche, sundried tomatoes and mustard into the leeks, add three-quarters of the cheese and season well. Stir until the cheese melts. Take off the heat.
- STEP 3
Drain the pasta, reserving the cooking water. Tip the pasta into the sauce and stir, adding enough cooking water to make the sauce coat the pasta. Stir in the spinach, a big handful at a time, until it wilts, splashing in a little more water if needed. Toss in the remaining cheese and serve.