- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Makes 12 bars
- 140g butter , plus extra for the tin
- 2 large eggs
- 350g light muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g self-raising flour
- 100g bar milk chocolate (we used Green & Black's), cut in big chunks
- 100g macadamia or pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- icing sugar for dusting
- STEP 1
Preheat the oven to fan 160C/conventional 180C/gas 4. Melt the butter in a small bowl and leave to cool. Butter a shallow tin about 20 x 24cm. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Melt the butter, then add to eggs with the sugar and vanilla. Tip in the flour and stir in with the chocolate and three-quarters of the nuts. Don’t over-beat.
- STEP 2
Spread the mixture in the tin, scatter over the rest of the nuts and bake for 25-30 minutes, then cut into 12 bars. Dust with icing sugar.