Butternut & harissa hummus
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus cooling
- Serves 6
- ½ butternut squash (about 400g), peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 garlic cloves , unpeeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp harissa , plus a little extra for drizzling
- 400g can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the butternut squash and garlic cloves in a roasting tin, season well and add 100ml water. Cover the tin with foil and bake for 45 mins, until the squash is really tender. Leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Tip the squash into a food processor with any juices from the tin. Add the garlic cloves, squeezed out of their skins. Add the remaining ingredients, season with salt and blend to a paste.
- STEP 3
Scrape the hummus into a bowl. Drizzle with extra harissa before serving.