Buttered wild mushrooms on toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ rosemary sprig, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 200g wild mushrooms , cleaned using a pastry brush, larger ones torn into pieces
- ¼ tsp yeast extract
- ½ small bunch parsley , roughly chopped
- 4 slices sourdough , toasted
- STEP 1
Heat 1 tbsp butter, the rosemary and garlic in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once bubbling, toss in the mushrooms and cook until golden and tender. Add the remaining 1 tbsp butter to the pan with the yeast extract and swirl it around to coat the mushrooms. Remove from the heat and scatter over the parsley with a little seasoning.
- STEP 2
Divide the mushrooms between the 4 slices of toast, and drizzle over any butter left in the pan. Serve immediately.