Broccoli & sage pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 140g quick-cook spaghetti
- 140g long-stem broccoli , trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots , sliced
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped
- ¼ tsp crushed chillies
- 12 sage leaves, shredded
- grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Boil the spaghetti for 1 min. Add the broccoli and cook for 4 mins more.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and add the shallots and garlic. Gently cook for 5 mins until golden. Add the chillies and sage to the pan and gently cook for 2 mins. Drain the pasta, mix with the shallot mixture in the pan, then scatter with Parmesan, if you like.