Beef, mushroom & greens stir-fry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g beef rump steak, thinly sliced across the grain into ½cm thick pieces
- finger-tip length chunk fresh root ginger , chopped
- 300g spring greens , sliced
- 150g pack chestnut mushroom , sliced
- STEP 1
Mix the sauces together and set aside. Heat a wok until smoking hot, add 1 tsp oil, then stir-fry the meat until browned all over. You may need to do this in 2 batches, adding a little more oil. Remove the meat, then wipe the wok clean.
- STEP 2
Add a little more oil. Stir-fry the ginger until golden, then add the spring greens and mushrooms. Cook for 3 mins, stirring often, then add the steak and soy sauce mixture. Cook for 3-4 more mins until the sauce has thickened a little and everything is warmed through. Serve over rice or noodles.