- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 large onion, chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 250g pack extra-lean minced beef
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste, plus a little extra to serve
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning mix
- 2 x 400g cans mixed bean salad, drained
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 1 low-sodium beef stock cube
- 2 squares 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- small pack coriander, chopped
- cooked brown rice and low-fat Greek yogurt, to serve
Rice is a grain, the seed of a type of grass, which is the most widely grown and the most…
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion on a medium heat until softened. Add the beef with some black pepper and a little salt, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, and cook until browned. Add the chipotle and Cajun seasoning. Give it a good stir and cook for 1 min more.
Tip in the beans and tomatoes, then crumble over the stock cube. Add a can of water and simmer for about 20-30 mins, until thickened. Add the chocolate, and stir until melted, then add most of the coriander.
Serve the chilli in bowls on top of the rice sprinkled with the rest of the coriander, with a dollop of low-fat yogurt, and an extra drizzle of chipotle paste on top.