Bean & dill pilaf with garlicky yogurt
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 onions , halved and thinly sliced
- 25g butter
- 175g basmati rice
- 20g pack dill , stalks and fronds chopped but kept separate
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 300g frozen mixed vegetable , broad beans, peas and green beans
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1⁄2 garlic clove , crushed
- STEP 1
Fry the onions in the butter until golden. Add the rice and dill stalks; stir round the pan.
- STEP 2
Pour in the saffron stock, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 5 mins. Add the beans and half the dill. Cook 5 mins more until the liquid has been absorbed into the rice. Meanwhile, stir the yogurt, milk and garlic together with seasoning. Spoon yogurt on top of the rice, then sprinkle with remaining dill.