Baked trout with fennel, radish & rocket salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus standing
- Serves 2
- 2 whole trout , scaled and gutted
- ½ bunch thyme
- 2 lemons , 1 sliced, 1 juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus extra to drizzle
- 1 large bulb fennel , finely sliced
- 100g radishes , finely sliced
- 1 tbsp capers , chopped
- large handful of rocket
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Slash the trout's skin three times on both sides then stuff a thyme branch into each cut. Lay the fish on a baking sheet and fill the cavity with the lemon slices and remaining thyme sprigs. Season the fish, drizzle over some olive oil then bake it for 15-20 mins until cooked through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, mix lemon juice with olive oil, then pour over the fennel and allow to stand for 10 mins. Stir in the radishes and capers and season. Mix the rocket through the fennel and radish salad just before serving with big bits of the flaked trout.