Baked cauliflower pizzaiola
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tbsp for roasting
- 600g ripe tomatoes (we used a mixture of red and yellow cherry tomatoes), halved or quartered depending on their size
- 6 unpeeled garlic cloves, bashed
- small pack basil
- ½ small pack fresh oregano, or ½ tsp dried
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 125g mozzarella (check the pack for a vegetarian brand), torn
- crusty bread, to serve
- green salad, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush the cauliflower wedges with the 1 tbsp oil, then put them in a large roasting dish. Season and roast for 10 mins or until beginning to soften. Carefully turn the wedges over.
- STEP 2
Tuck the tomatoes, garlic and most of the basil and oregano around the cauliflower, then sprinkle with the chilli flakes, wine and 2 tbsp more oil. Season and return to the oven for 25 mins or until the tomatoes are soft and starting to catch here and there. Squish the tomatoes slightly to help the juices flow.
- STEP 3
Mix the Parmesan and breadcrumbs together. Tear the mozzarella over the cauliflower and tomatoes, scatter over the cheesy crumbs and bake for 10 mins more or until the topping is crisp and the cauliflower is tender. Top with the rest of the herbs and serve with crusty bread and a green salad.