Bacon & broccoli pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 500g pack shaped pasta (we used farfalle)
- 1 head broccoli , about 300g, cut into small florets
- 8 rashers smoked bacon , cut into large pieces
- 5 tbsp pesto
- grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), to serve
- STEP 1
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to pack instructions. About 3 mins before the pasta is cooked, throw in the broccoli. When everything is done, drain, reserving about 100ml of the cooking water.
- STEP 2
While the pasta is cooking, grill the bacon for 6-7 mins until crisp, then cut into bite-size pieces. Tip everything into the pasta pan, toss together well and loosen with a little of the cooking water, if needed. Sprinkle over the Parmesan and serve.