Asparagus & Parmesan pastries
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 6 tbsp mascarpone
- 40g (or vegetarian alternative), grated parmesan , plus extra shavings to serve
- 3 tbsp finely chopped basil
- zest ½ lemon
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry , quartered (then cut to the length of the asparagus)
- 350g asparagus spear
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- good handful pretty salad leaves , such as rocket, basil, frisée and little red chard, tossed in vinaigrette
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Mix the mascarpone with the Parmesan, basil and lemon zest, then season.
- STEP 2
Lift the pastry onto 2 trays, then score around the edges of each piece to make a thin border. Spread the cheese mixture within the borders.
- STEP 3
Toss the asparagus in the oil, then arrange the bundles on top of the pastry (these can be stacked a bit for height). Bake the pastries for 20-25 mins until golden, then serve warm topped with the dressed salad leaves and a few shavings of Parmesan.