Asparagus & lentil salad with cranberries & crumbled feta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 garlic clove
- 125g puy lentils
- 100g pack fine asparagus tips
- 3 spring onions , finely sliced
- 25g dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil , plus a little extra (optional)
- 2 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 140g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 50g feta (read back of pack for vegetarian option)
- STEP 1
Finely grate the garlic and put in a bowl. Boil the lentils for 25 mins, and put the asparagus in a steamer over them for the last 5 mins until just tender.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, put the onions, cranberries, oil and vinegar in the bowl with the garlic and stir well. When the lentils are ready, drain and toss them into the dressing with the tomatoes. Tip into plastic containers (for a packed lunch), or onto plates, then top with the asparagus and crumble over the feta. Drizzle with a little extra oil, if you like.