Aromatic chicken curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2-3 tsp hot chilli powder (depending on how you like your curries)
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 100g creamed coconut (we used 2x50g sachets Bart's creamed coconut)
- handful of coriander leaves
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, then fry the onions gently for about 10 mins until softened and lightly golden. Add the spices and chicken, then fry for 2 mins, stirring to coat the meat.
- STEP 2
Dissolve the creamed coconut in 500ml boiling water, then pour into the pan and stir well. Season with salt, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with basmati rice or naan bread.