- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 8
- 50g pine nut
- 2 x 110g packs salad leaves (we used bistro salad with red chard)
- 200g SunBlush tomato , roughly chopped
- 200g black olive (niçoise are great)
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1
The day before, make the dressing. Mix the tomato paste and vinegar in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to form a smooth emulsion and season to taste. Store it in a screw-top jar if you want to get ahead and rewhisk before using on the night.
- STEP 2
The pine nuts can be dealt with the day before to save time. Heat a small frying pan, tip in the nuts and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning them frequently until they smell nutty and are nicely browned.
- STEP 3
To serve, put the leaves in a large bowl with the tomatoes and olives. Pour in the dressing and mix well, then divide between eight glasses and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts.