Member recipe by laura_abbott01
Traditional greek lamb kleftiko made easy with the help of your slow cooker. Delicious and melt in the mouth.
- 500g boneless lamb, cubed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 med potatoes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and brown the lamb on all sides. Place in the slow cooker.
- Wash and slice the potatoes and tomatoes, and add to the slow cooker.
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic and add to the cooker with the remaining oil, lemon juice, bay leaves and oregano.
- Season with the salt and pepper to desired amount and cook on the low setting for at least 6 hours.
- In the final 30-60 minutes add the crumble feta and stir.