Member recipe by padmajakoti
This is one of favourite comfort food which is so simple to make and the flavours, amazing!! Coming from a place where rice is staple diet, there are some amazing things you can do to rice to give a zing, a zang and a twist to the same white rice.
- Basmati Rice: 2 cups( cooked in 2 cups of water and leave it cool).
- 1 Big lemon: Squeeze the juice and keep it aside.
- For tempering:
- 2 sprigs fresh curry leaves
- 1 tsp each of mustard seeds, black gram lentils, yellow split lentils.
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger cut into very small pieces
- 1/4th cup groundnuts and cashewnuts(optional)
- 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- Now take a saucepan and add tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Add groundnuts, cashewnuts, mustard seeds, black gram and yellow split lentils and saute for 2 minutes.
- As soon as the mustard seeds start spluttering, add green chillies, ginger pieces, curry leaves and saute for 1 minute
- Now add turmeric and salt. Take the freshly squeezed lemon and pour the juice on and put a lid on the saucepan.
- Switch off and mix this with rice. Serve hot or cold with a pickle or on its own.