Member recipe by sweetunique
- Ingredients for a 9-inch cheesecake:
- 100g/3½oz unsalted butter
- 250g/8¾oz biscuits (crushed).
- 450g/1lb Cream cheese such as Philadelphia
- 1 slug of Baileys Irish cream
- 100ml/3½oz icing sugar
- 200ml/10½oz double cream
- 60g/2oz chocolate (dairy or plain, as you prefer)
- Gently melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the crushed biscuits and mix until the butter has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and, while still warm, press the mixture (using the back of a spoon) into the bottom of a lined 23cm/9inch springform or flan tin. Leave to set for one hour in the fridge.
- While it is chilling, grate the chocolate. Set aside in the fridge if your kitchen is warm.
- In a bowl, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is soft. Beat in the icing sugar and a shot of Baileys. Fold in the whipped cream and three-quarters of the chocolate. When the mixture is smooth, smooth it evenly onto the biscuit base.
- Refridgerate and allow to set for at least two hours. If you can bear to leave it overnight, so much the better.
- To serve, remove from the tin and decorate. You can either sprinkle the remaining grated chocolate over the top for a simple finish, or add some individual chocolates and flakes for a more elegant and ceremonial dressing.
- Some people serve individual portions with additional cream, poured over or whipped into a peak.