- 250g dried Puy or green lentil, rinsed
The lentil plant (Lens Culinaris) originates from Asia and North Africa and is one of our oldest…
- juice ½ lime and juice ½ lemon
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 250g cherry vine tomato, halved
- 85g baby spinach, washed and thoroughly dried
Boil the lentils following pack instructions, drain, rinse well, then drain thoroughly.
Meanwhile, mix the citrus juices, vinegar and a pinch of salt in a salad bowl, then toss in the onion rings – after a few mins they will soften and turn pink. Whisk together the oil, cumin, garlic and chutney, then toss into the onions with the cooled lentils, coriander, tomatoes, spinach and plenty of seasoning.