Creamy fishchowder broccoli
Member recipe by thoreym
A mild and wonderful soup with fish, potatoes and broccoli. Great when the weather gets chilly.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- a knob of butter
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 250 g broccoli, top and stalk separated
- 1 l fish stock or water
- 400 g white fish such as cod or whiting
- 1-2 dl cream
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
- On high heat, toss the shallots in the butter for a few min until browned.
- Add the potatoes, thinly sliced broccoli stalks and fish stock and simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Slice the fish into small pieces and add it and the broccoli tops to the saucepan. Let it simmer for about 2 min.
- Add the cream and simmer for a bit.
- Season to taste and add the parsley just before serving.