- 4 firm, ripe pears, sliced lengthways into 1cm slices
Like apples, to which they are related, pears come in thousands of varieties, of which only a…
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
Honey is made by bees from the nectar they collect from flowers. Viscous and fragrant, it's…
- 250g bag mixed salad leaf
- 150g pack blue cheese, crumbled
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
Put the pears in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tsp of the oil. Heat a griddle pan, then cook the pears, in batches, for 1 min on each side. Set aside to cool.
Mix the remaining oil, vinegar and honey. Toss the pears, leaves and cheese, divide between 4 plates and drizzle with the dressing. Serve with bread, if you like.