- 10 vol-au-vent cases (see 'goes well with')
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 shallot, finely chopped
Related to the onion (as opposed to being a younger version of it), shallots grow in clusters at…
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 30 mins
- 100g chestnut mushroom, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chopped thyme leaf, plus extra to serve
- 4 tbsp mascarpone
- 85g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated, plus extra shavings to serve
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the shallots and garlic, and gently sauté for a couple of mins. Remove the porcini mushrooms from the soaking liquid and squeeze out any excess. Roughly chop and add to the pan along with the chestnut mushrooms and thyme. Cook for about 5 mins. If the mixture seems dry, add a little mushroom soaking liquid.
Remove from the heat and stir in the mascarpone and Parmesan. Season and leave to cool. Chill until ready to use.
Divide between 10 vol-au-vent cases and serve scattered with Parmesan shavings and a few thyme leaves.