Ras-el-hanout Spice Mix
Member recipe by juderussell
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chilli flakes
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Toast coriander and cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until aromatic and slightly darkened, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a spice mill and let cool.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes. Process until finely ground. If you don't have a spice mill, use a pestle & mortar. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Can be made 1 month ahead. Store airtight at room temperature. Makes approximately 2-3 tablespoons