Member recipe by megan27
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Pieces
This fudge is great for parties and especially at Christmas time, they'll last for up to 2 weeks, so you can make them ahead!
- 300ml milk
- 350g caster sugar
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Grease an 18cm square tin
- Put the milk, sugar and butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Heat slowly, stirring all the time, until the suagr has dissolved and butter has melted.
- Bring to the boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring all the time. When the mixture rises dramatically take it off the heat for 1 minute, stirring all the time until the mixture goes back down
- When the mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (115 degrees on a temperature probe) remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat the mixture with a spoon for a few minutes until it starts to thicken and the gloss disappears. Pour the mixture immediately into the tin and leave to set at room temperature.
- Once set, cut the fudge into small pieces and store in a sealed container.