- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthways
The fact that the parsnip is a member of the carrot family comes as no surprise - it looks just…
- 1 butternut squash (about 650g/1lb 7oz), peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- grated zest of 1 lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 2 tsp pork seasoning or dried mixed Italian herbs
- 500g lean pork tenderloin, in one or two pieces
- 1 medium Bramley apple
A large, flattish cooking apple, green in appearance but sometimes with specks of red. The flesh…
- 400ml hot chicken stock
Preheat the oven to 200C/ gas 6/fan 180C. Put all the vegetables into a roasting tin. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then toss everything together.
On a plate, mix together the lemon zest and pork seasoning or herbs. Roll the pork tenderloin in the mixture, then put it on top of the vegetables. Roast for 40 minutes.
Peel and core the apple and cut it into chunks. Scatter the pieces into the roasting tin, then pour in the hot stock and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Slice the pork, arrange on a platter with the veg, then spoon the pan juices on top.