Simple Spicy Chicken Pasta
Member recipe by craig_m89
An easy one-pot dish. Delicious juicy chicken in a tomato sauce with a nice kick. Perfect with pasta and some garlic bread.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 red peppers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, alter depending on heat preference
- 1/2 chilli powder
- 250g cheddar cheese, grated
- olive oil
- black pepper
- Heat a few lugs of the olive oil in a large pan on a med-high heat then add the onions, garlic, peppers and chilli powder. Fry for about 5 minutes, or until onions are softened and pale (not golden).
- Add the chicken, with a pinch of salt and pepper, to the pan and cook until all the chicken is sealed, but not browning.
- Keep on the heat and add the tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, juice of 1/2 a lemon, the chilli flakes and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Give a good stir and turn the heat up high. Let the sauce reach a boil and then reduce the heat to a med-low setting. Cover the pot and allow to simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With about 15 minutes left to cook, put on some pasta . I recommend a tagliatelle, fusilli, conchiglie or penne.
- Once the sauce has been on for a good 45 minutes and has reduced slightly, remove from the heat and add the cheese. Stir to make sure it has melted through the sauce. Then drain off the pasta and add the the pot with the sauce, give a good stir to mix the pasta. Serve in a bowl, or high-edged plate, with some garlic bread on the side.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…