Member recipe by pocoyo
ServingsServes 1 - 28 Biscuits
- 145g blanched whole almonds, toasted and chopped coarsely
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 260g all-purpose flour
- 150g granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Toast almonds for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool and then chop coarsely. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150 degrees C and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- In a small bowl lightly beat the eggs, vanilla and almond extracts together. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until blended.
- Gradually add the egg mixture and beat until a dough forms, adding almonds about halfway through.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough into a log about 14 inches (35 cm) long and 3 - 4 inches (8 - 10 cm) wide. Transfer to baking tray and bake for 30-40 mins. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 mins.
- Cut into slices 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) thick diagonally and arrange evenly on baking tray. Bake 10 mins on each side (until they are firm). Remove from oven and cool.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…