Basic Cookie Recipe
Member recipe by bendickinson
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Cookies
This recipe is basic and can be adapted with things like chocolate chips or spices.
- 225g (8oz) butter, softened
- 110g (4oz) Caster sugar
- 275g (10oz) Plain flour
- Add one teaspoon of spices (cinnamon, mixed spice, ginger, etc)
- 75g White or Milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 170oC (375oF) or gas mark 3.
- Cream the butter in a large bowl or in a food mixer until it is soft. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and add optional ingredients. Bring the mixture together in a figure of eight until it forms a dough.
- Using your hands, make walnut sized balls and place them slightly apart from eachother on a tray (You don't need to grease or line a tray). Flatten the balls with the back of a fork and bake them in the oven for around 15 mins until they are golden brown and slightly firm on top.
- Place the cookies onto a cooling rack and leave them there for around 15 mins. Once cool serve.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…