- 250g spaghetti
- 200g cherry tomato, halved
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- small bunch basil, leaves torn and stems removed
Most closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
- 10 good quality black olive (not in brine), roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp caper, drained and rinsed
Capers are the small flower buds of the Capparis shrub, which grows in the Mediterranean. As…
- zest and juice 1 lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- shaved Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), to serve
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
Cook the pasta following pack instructions in salted water until al dente. Meanwhile, put the tomatoes in a bowl with the oil, basil, olives, capers, lemon zest and juice, and a pinch of salt and mix together.
Drain the pasta, then return to the pan. Add the tomato mixture and mix again to combine. Serve with the cheese sprinkled on top.