Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins
Member recipe by chloekb
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
Each muffin hides a surprise filling of fresh fruit and creamy cheese
- 350g/12oz Plain Flour
- 11/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 140g/5oz Caster Sugar
- Finely grated rind of 2 medium oranges
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 250ml/9fl oz Milk
- 85g/3oz Butter, melted
- For the Filling
- 175g/6oz half-fat soft cheese
- 3 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 6 small strawberries, halved
- Preheat the oven to 200oc/Gas 6/fan oven 180oc. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar, ornage rind and salt. Beat the eggs and milk together in a jug or bowl, then stir in the butter and gently mix into the dry ingredients to make a loose, slightly lumpy mixture. Do not overmix or the muffins will be tough.
- Mix together the soft cheese and sugar for the filling. Half-fill the paper cases with the muffin mixture, then push half a strawberry into each. Top with a teaspoon of sweet cheese, then spoon over the remaining muffin mixture to cover and fill the muffin cases.
- Bake for 15 minutes until well risen and golden on top. Remove from the tin and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…