- 250g basmati rice
- 3 heaped tbsp mild curry paste, such as korma
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 400g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 140g frozen fine green bean
- 400g frozen coley, or other white fish, defrosted and chopped into fairly large chunks
- ½ bunch spring onions, sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
Cook the rice following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the curry paste with a splash of water in a frying pan with a lid. Add the onion and gently cook until soft. Pour in the coconut milk and crumble on the stock cube. Simmer to make a smooth sauce, adding a splash of water if it’s too thick.
Stir in the beans, then top with the fish. Cover and simmer for 10-12 mins until the fish is just cooked through. Drain the rice, halve it, letting the other half cool for tomorrow – chill once cool. Sprinkle the curry with the spring onions and serve with the rice.