- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 2 oranges, zest pared, juice squeezed from one, the other cut into chunks
One of the best-known citrus fruits, oranges aren't necessarily orange - some varieties are…
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- little freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 x 75cl bottle light red wine
- 1 apple, quartered, cored and thickly sliced
Grown in temperate regions, apples are one of the most widely cultivated tree fruits. There are…
Put the sugar, the orange zest, juice and chunks, cinnamon and nutmeg in a pan with 300ml/1⁄2pt water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 mins to infuse the spices, then add the wine and apple slices and bring to a simmer. Serve in heatproof glasses.
Making it non-alcoholic
Replace the water with some tea (Ceylon is a good choice), simmer for 2-3 mins and you can replace the wine with red grape juice.