American Style Pancakes
Member recipe by toms112
- 135g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2tbsp melted butter or olive oil plus extra for cooking
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into bowl. In a seperate bowl/jug whisk together milk and egg, then whisk in melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour and using a fork beat until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will soon disappear with some mixing.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and and some butter or oil. Add a ladle of batter or two for larger/thicker pancakes. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- You can keep them warm in the oven but are best fresh.
- Serve with maple syrup and butter. (Apply childlike pancake fantasy here)
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…