- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- juice 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
The same shape, but smaller than…
- pinch of caster sugar
- 170g can white crabmeat in brine, drained
- 2 spring onion, finely sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 really ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and chopped
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 corn tortilla
In Spain, a tortilla is a kind of omelette, with ingredients added - frequently sliced cooked…
- handful mixed salad leaves
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Put the onion in a bowl and cover with half the lime juice and a good pinch each of sugar and salt. Leave to soften while you get everything else ready.
Mix together the crabmeat, spring onions and half the chilli. Season with black pepper and set aside. Mash the avocado with the remaining lime juice, garlic and some seasoning. You can leave it quite chunky or mash it until smooth. Stir in the rest of the chilli.
Bend each tortilla in half and toast in a toaster for 1 min. Put on 2 plates and top with the salad leaves, then mashed avocado. Finish with the crabmeat and drained pickled onion. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.