- 1 very ripe avocado
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 100g sweetcorn from a can, or frozen and defrosted
Also known as corn on the cob, sweetcorn is composed of rows of tightly packed golden yellow…
- 1 tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- ½ a small bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic-infused olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 140g lean beef steak, sliced and all fat removed
The classic choice of meat for a British Sunday roast. Beef is full of flavour, as…
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 4 small wholemeal flour tortillas
- shredded iceberg lettuce and sliced jalapeño peppers, to serve
A member of the capsicum family, jalapeño chillies range from moderately to very hot.…
Mash together the avocado and lime juice. Stir through the sweetcorn, tomato, half the coriander and seasoning to make a salsa. Set aside, covered with cling film.
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or griddle pan and cook the onions for about 8 mins until lightly charred and slightly softened. Remove to a warmed serving dish.
Dust the steak with the fajita seasoning and some black pepper, then add to the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins, depending on how rare you like it, then add to the onions. Meanwhile, warm the tortillas following pack instructions. Serve the steak and onions with the tortillas, salsa, lettuce, jalapeño peppers and lime wedges.