Steak & onion fajitas with sweetcorn salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 2 limes , 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 100g sweetcorn from a can, or frozen and defrosted
- 1 tomato , deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ a small bunch coriander , chopped
- 1 tsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 red onions , cut into wedges
- 140g lean beef steak, sliced and all fat removed
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 4 small wholemeal flour tortillas
- shredded iceberg lettuce and sliced jalapeño peppers , to serve
- STEP 1
Mash together the avocado and lime juice. Stir through the sweetcorn, tomato, half the coriander and seasoning to make a salsa. Set aside, covered with cling film.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or griddle pan and cook the onions for about 8 mins until lightly charred and slightly softened. Remove to a warmed serving dish.
- STEP 3
Dust the steak with the fajita seasoning and some black pepper, then add to the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins, depending on how rare you like it, then add to the onions. Meanwhile, warm the tortillas following pack instructions. Serve the steak and onions with the tortillas, salsa, lettuce, jalapeño peppers and lime wedges.