- 450g sausagemeat
- 50g fresh white breadcrumb
- 1 tsp thyme or rosemary leaves, chopped
Rosemary's intense, fragrant aroma has traditionally been paired with lamb, chicken and game…
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 500g carton passata
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 300g fusilli or other pasta shapes
- ½ small Savoy cabbage, cut into 1cm-wide slices
- 250g ball mozzarella, cubed
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
Put the sausagemeat, breadcrumbs and thyme or rosemary in a bowl and mix to combine. Shape into 20 small balls.
Heat oil in a wide pan and cook the sausageballs for 10 mins until nicely browned. Add passata and tomato paste, cover and simmer gently for 20 mins.
Meanwhile, cook pasta following pack instructions, adding the cabbage for the final 5 mins of cooking time. Drain cabbage and pasta, toss with the sauce and spoon into a heatproof dish.
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Push mozzarella cubes into the top of the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for 15-20 mins until bubbling and crusty.